Friday, September 16, 2011

Note to Self: Elastic is good

Some of you are looking at this and thinking "What is she talking about? She has lost her mind."

No, In fact I haven't.

I work with 3 year olds, most of them can't button a button, or snap a snap, and those little flat hook things... you can forget about it! So, when they have to potty, one of 3 things happens. They stand silently at the door just staring at me, say my name 20 times very loudly or they don't quite make it. So I spend at least 2o minutes a day buttoning and unbuttoning britches around those chubby little bellies. I usually don't mind but today about 5 of the 8 that showed up had some sort of closure they could not undo.

One even thought she would be smart and just zip up her pants and not snap them back on, and got by for 30 minutes without me noticing. But something happened that she didn't expect. While running and playing on the playground, those little jeans fell down and the world got to see her princess underpants.... and she just kept running, pants around her ankles until I could catch her (about 10 seconds after it happened). I said "Anna, Why did your pants fall down?" She just laughed and said "Cause I didn't button them, teacher." It was funny and not a big deal but here is the note to self:

>Send your 3 year old to school in elastic pants. The lack of style doesn't matter. She's 3. She will pee on herself if she can't pull her pants down.

(name has been changed to protect the innocent)

No comments:

Post a Comment